The Call for Abstracts is Now Closed!
The Canadian Association of Radiologists invites all members and non-members, including to submit abstracts for presentation at the CAR 2024 Annual Scientific Meeting at the Westin Montréal, Montréal, QC, Canada, April 11-14, 2024.
Awards sponsored by the CAR and the Canadian Radiological Foundation (CRF) will be given to the top-scoring oral presentations and educational exhibits.
|Abstract Submission Deadline
|December 5, 2023, 11:59 pm EST
|Abstract Acceptance Notifications
|Mid January, 2024
|Deadline for Presenting Author to Register for CAR 2024
|February 5, 2024
|CAR 2024 ASM
|April 11 - 14, 2024
Abstract categories include:
- Educational Exhibits
- New - Quality Improvement*
- Radiologists-in-Training Research Project (Trainees Only)
- Scientific Research Project
- Abstracts that have been published as a manuscript are not eligible for submission.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English and be text-based.
- All submissions must be completed through the online submission portal to be accepted for review by the CAR ASM Scientific and Educational Competitions Judging Committee (SECJC).
- Abstracts submitted should not exceed the word count limit. 250 word limit for the Radiologist-in-Training Research Project and the Scientific Research Project, 300 word limit for the Quality Improvement Project and 330 word limit for the Education Exhibit. Submissions that exceed the maximum word count will not be considered.
- Abstracts should be submitted in a format ready for publication.
- Proofread your abstract carefully to avoid any typographic or grammatical errors. Changes will not be accepted after the deadline.
- Do not include author names, institution names, or any such information that may identify where the work originated in your abstract title or body.
- An original figure/image/table is mandatory for all abstract submissions. Figures uploaded will not be published but will be reviewed during adjudication. Abstracts missing an original figure/image/text will be rejected.
- During the submission process, authors must specify if the abstract was accepted for presentation elsewhere and include the date, location and event. This does not disqualify an abstract from being selected.
- There are no restrictions on the number of abstracts you may submit, or on the number of abstracts you may present.
- Abstracts may not be submitted by industry representatives.
- You can edit or delete your abstract online at any time before the abstract submission deadline (December 5, 2023, 11:59 pm EST). Changes will not be accepted after the deadline.
- If an abstract must be withdrawn after the deadline you must notify our conference secretariat by email (email@example.com) and include your name, abstract number and title.
- The ASM Scientific and Educational Competitions Judging Committee (SECJC) reserves the right to re-allocate abstracts to the most appropriate category, and the submitting author will be notified at the time of acceptance.
- The ASM committee reserves the right to change the number of oral sessions, prizes and categories depending on the quality and quantity of submitted abstracts.
- Submitted abstracts are reviewed in a blinded fashion by 2-4 judges.
- Judges abstain from reviewing abstracts originating from their institution.
- Scoring considerations include: relevance, novelty, scientific or educational quality, clarity, and organization.
- After the judges have completed scoring the abstracts, the SECJC chair and vice-chair use a weighted average of judges’ scores to rank the abstracts. Abstracts of sufficient quality are accepted for presentation to the CAR ASM. The highest ranking Quality Improvement Project, Radiologist-in-Training Research Project and Scientific Research Project abstracts are accepted for oral presentation as well.
IF YOU ARE ACCEPTED
- All correspondence will be with the submitting author and conducted via email. It is assumed that if the abstract is accepted for presentation, the person designated as the presenting author will present.
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract must register to attend the ASM in-person to have their abstract included in the ASM program. They are also responsible for arranging and paying for their own transportation, hotel accommodations and any other expenses associated with presenting at the meeting.
- Accepted abstracts in the categories of Quality Improvement Project, Radiologist-in-Training Research Project and Scientific Research Project will be selected for presentation as either an oral or an electronic poster.
- Accepted abstracts in the category of Educational Exhibits will be presented as an electronic poster and entered into the Educational Exhibit Competition.
- Detailed notifications of acceptance and guidelines for presentation will be sent by email.
- All accepted abstracts being presented at the ASM will be included for viewing on the event app, onsite at display stations, and in a PDF book developed after the event.
- The presenting author of an accepted international abstract must register to attend the ASM in-person to have their abstract included in the ASM program. They are also responsible for arranging and paying for their own transportation, hotel accommodations and any other expenses associated with presenting at the meeting.
- It is the attendee’s responsibility to apply for and to obtain all required documents for entry into Canada.
- The CAR can provide a letter of invitation but the invitation letter does not guarantee that a visa will be granted, nor does it commit the Canadian Association of Radiologists to assist with obtaining a visa. To request a letter of invitation please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entry requirements for visiting Canada can be found at the Immigration and Citizenship Canada Application processing times can be found here.
CAR ASM Abstract Examples
The CAR will be using an abstract submission portal called Swoogo to support the abstract competitions.
Submitting an abstract:
- The submitter will be prompted to sign up and create an account.
- The submitter will be able manage all abstract submissions associated with their account.
- Once an abstract is submitted, the submitter will receive a confirmation email directly from the system.
- The following browsers are supported: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox or Safari. Please use the latest version of your chosen browser for best results.