All members and non-members are invited to submit abstracts for presentation at the 85th Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) of the Canadian Association of Radiologists (CAR), April 7 – 10, 2022. Abstracts presented at the meeting provides authors with the opportunity to network and discuss their research with experts in the field.
Awards sponsored by the CAR/CRF will be given to the top-scoring oral presentations and educational exhibits.
The Call for abstracts will open mid-September 2021.
|Abstract Submission Deadline||December 13, 2021, 11:59 pm EST|
|Deadline to Modify Abstracts||December 13, 2021, 11:59 pm EST|
|Abstract Acceptance Notifications||January 18, 2022|
|Deadline to Confirm Acceptance to Present||January 31, 2022|
|CAR 2022 ASM||April 7 - 10, 2022|
Abstract Guidelines and Format
REGARDING YOUR SUBMISSION:
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- All submissions must be completed through the online portal for the CAR ASM to accept the submissions.
- All abstracts must have a maximum of 250 words and be text-based, in addition to one figure to be uploaded in PDF, JPEG, or PNG format. The only exception is for the Educational Exhibit abstracts, where authors have up to an additional 80-word section to complete on the background of their submission. Should your word count exceed the maximum amount, your abstract will not be considered for the 2022 CAR ASM.
- Abstracts should be submitted in a format ready for publication.
- Please proofread to avoid any typographic or grammatical errors.
- Authors should prepare their abstracts in advance using any standard word processing system, and then ‘copy and paste’ the elements from the word processing document into the appropriate spaces in the submission system.
- Please do not include author names, references, acknowledgements, figures, images or tables in your abstract body. There are separate sections for the author list and a figure/table for the abstract.
- A figure/image/table is mandatory for EE, RIT, SRP abstract submissions and strongly recommended to be included for VOR submissions. Omission of a figure/image/table in these categories will lower the score of your abstract during the evaluation process.
- Figures uploaded will not be published but will be reviewed during adjudication.
- All DCAP submissions must include the first cycle results. Audits must be completed in time to present interventions and second cycle data at the CAR ASM.
- Work-in-progress is only acceptable for extremely innovative or interesting approaches.
- During the submission process, authors must specify if the abstract was accepted elsewhere and include the date, location and event. This does not disqualify an abstract from being selected.
- Abstracts of published research studies are ineligible for submission.
- You can edit or delete your abstract online at any time before the abstract deadline. If you wish to withdraw your abstract after that date you must inform us in writing via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The ASM Scientific and Educational Competitions Judging Committee reserves the right to re-allocate abstracts submitted to incorrect categories and will notify the submitting author.
- The ASM committee reserves the right to change the number of oral sessions, prizes and categories depending on number and strength of submitted abstracts.
IF YOU ARE ACCEPTED:
- If your abstract is accepted, but you are not selected to present an oral presentation, you will be offered a digital display opportunity.
- Detailed notifications of acceptance and guidelines for presentation will be sent by email (date to be confirmed).
- Presenting authors must be registered and are required to pay the applicable registration fee and all other expenses involved in attending the ASM.
New Submission Portal
The CAR will be using a new abstract submission portal called Pheedloop to support the 2022 abstract competition.
Submitting an abstract:
- Once an abstract is submitted, the submitter will receive a confirmation email directly from the system (email@example.com) with an individual portal link associated with the “Edit Application Here” button within the email. Use this link to access your individual abstract for any required edits.
- Each submitter is asked to bookmark this link as it will be the only access point for review and editing of the individual abstract submitted.
- Submitters are asked to whitelist the domain pheedloop.com and/or mark firstname.lastname@example.org as a safe sender in their inbox to ensure delivery of any important communications. Please click this link for instructions on how to whitelist emails depending on your email provider.
- If an abstract submission is incomplete and not submitted, the system will issue a reminder email with a link to access the submission in progress.
- For the best user experience use Google Chrome. A note that the submission portal does not work on Internet Explorer. For more information on system and internet requirements please click here.