All members and non-members alike are invited to submit abstracts for presentation at the 84th virtual Annual Scientific Meeting of the Canadian Association of Radiologists (CAR), April 27 – May 2, 2021. Abstracts presented at the meeting will give authors an opportunity to network and discuss their research with experts in the field.
Dates are tentative and subject to change.
|Abstract submission site opens||Thursday, October 1, 2020|
|Abstract submission deadline||*Monday, January 11, 2021|
|Deadline to modify abstracts||* Monday, January 11, 2021|
|Acceptance notifications sent to presenting author||Thursday, February 11, 2021|
|Deadline to confirm acceptance to present||Thursday, February 18, 2021|
|CAR 2021 Annual Scientific Meeting||April 27 – May 2, 2021|
|*submissions must be completed by 11:59pm EST |
Abstract Guidelines and Format
REGARDING YOUR SUBMISSION:
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- All submissions must be completed through the online portal for the CAR to accept the submissions.
- All abstracts must have a maximum of 250 words and be text-based, in addition to one figure to be uploaded in PDF, JPEG, or PNG format. The only exception is for the Educational Exhibit abstracts, where authors have up to an additional 80-word section to complete on the background of their submission. Should your word count exceed the maximum amount, your abstract will not be considered for the 2021 CAR ASM.
- Abstracts should be submitted in a format ready for publication.
- Please proofread to avoid any typographic or grammatical errors.
- Authors should prepare their abstracts in advance using any standard word processing system, and then ‘copy and paste’ the elements from the word processing document into the appropriate spaces in the submission system.
- Please do not include references, acknowledgements, graphics, tables or figures in your abstract body, there will be an opportunity to include these elsewhere.
- Figures uploaded will not be published but will be reviewed during adjudication.
- All DCAP submissions must include the first cycle results. Audits must be completed in time to present interventions and second cycle data at the CAR Annual Scientific Meeting.
- During the submission process, authors must specify if the abstract was accepted elsewhere and include the date, location and event. This does not disqualify an abstract from being selected.
- Abstracts that have previously been published as manuscripts are not eligible for submission.
- If your abstract is accepted, but you are not selected to present an oral presentation, you will be offered a digital display opportunity.
- You can edit or delete your abstract online at any time before 11:59pm EST on Monday, January 11, 2021. If you wish to withdraw your abstract after that date you must inform us in writing via email at email@example.com.
- The ASM Scientific and Educational Competitions Judging Committee reserves the right to re-allocate abstracts submitted to incorrect categories and will notify the submitting author.
- The ASM committee reserves the right to change the number of oral sessions, prizes and categories depending on number and strength of submitted abstracts.
IF YOU ARE ACCEPTED:
- Detailed notifications of acceptance and guidelines for presentation will be sent by email by Thursday, February 11, 2021.
- Presenting authors must be registered and are required to pay the applicable registration fee and all other expenses involved in attending the ASM.
IMPORTANT ABSTRACT ELEMENTS:
- Coherence between stated purpose, methods and materials (M&M), results and conclusion, meaning that: M&M are suited to address the stated purpose, results reflect methods and materials, and conclusions are drawn from the results and address the purpose.
- Purpose clearly stated.
- Precise description of methods and materials (patients), especially patient recruitment, analysis and statistics.
- Precise description of results with numbers and statistics.
- Statistics should be appropriate.
- Work-in-progress is only acceptable for extremely innovative or interesting approaches.
Abstract submission for CAR 2021 is now closed.