All members and non-members alike are invited to submit abstracts for presentation at the 83rd CAR Annual Scientific Meeting of the Canadian Association of Radiologists (CAR), April 16-19, 2020 at Le Westin Montreal. Abstracts presented at the meeting will give authors an opportunity to network and discuss their research with experts in the field.
New for 2020, CAR members are also invited to submit their ASM abstracts to be considered for presentation at the 2020 European Congress of Radiology (ECR) in Vienna, Austria from March 11-15, 2020. The top 3 scoring submissions between the Radiologist-in-Training Research Project (RIT) and the Scientific Research Project (SRP) categories will be selected. Click here for more details.
Dates are tentative and subject to change.
|Abstract submission site opens||Tuesday, September 10, 2019|
|Abstract submission deadline||*Thursday, December 12, 2019|
|European Congress of Radiology abstract submission deadline||*Thursday, December 12, 2019|
|Deadline to modify abstracts||*Thursday, December 12, 2019|
|Acceptance notifications sent to presenting author||Monday, January 20, 2020|
|Deadline to confirm acceptance to present||Friday, January 31, 2020|
|CAR 2020 Annual Scientific Meeting||April 16-19, 2020|
*submissions must be complete by 11:59pm EST
Abstract Guidelines and Format
REGARDING YOUR SUBMISSION:
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- All submissions must be completed through the online portal for the CAR to accept the submissions.
- All abstracts must have a maximum of 250 words and be text-based, in addition to one figure to be uploaded in PDF, JPEG, or PNG format. The only exception is for the Educational Exhibit abstracts, where authors have up to an additional 80-word section to complete on the background of their submission.
- Abstracts should be submitted in a format ready for publication.
- Please proofread to avoid any typographic or grammatical errors.
- Authors should prepare their abstracts in advance using any standard word processing system, and then ‘copy and paste’ the elements from the word processing document into the appropriate spaces in the submission system.
- Please do not include references, acknowledgements, graphics, tables or figures in your abstract body, there will be an opportunity to include these elsewhere.
- Figures uploaded will not be published but will be reviewed during adjudication.
- If you are not selected to present an oral presentation, you may be offered an opportunity to present in a shorter format.
- During the submission process, authors must specify if the abstract was accepted elsewhere and include the date, location and event. This does not disqualify an abstract from being selected.
- You can edit or delete your abstract online at any time before 11:59pm EST on Thursday, December 12, 2019. If you wish to withdraw your abstract after that date you must inform us in writing via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOU ARE ACCEPTED:
- Detailed notifications of acceptance and guidelines for presentation will be sent by email by Monday, January 20, 2020.
- Presenting authors must be registered and are required to pay the applicable registration fee and all other expenses involved in attending the ASM.
IMPORTANT ABSTRACT ELEMENTS:
- Coherence between stated purpose, methods and materials (M&M), results and conclusion, meaning that: M&M are suited to address the stated purpose, results reflect methods and materials, and conclusions are drawn from the results and address the purpose
- Purpose clearly stated
- Precise description of methods and materials (patients), especially patient recruitment, analysis and statistics
- Precise description of results with numbers and statistics
- Statistics should be appropriate
- Work-in-progress is only acceptable for extremely innovative or interesting approaches