All members and non-members are invited to submit abstracts for presentation at the 86th Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) of the Canadian Association of Radiologists (CAR), April 27 - 30, 2023 at Le Westin Montréal, Montréal, QC. Abstracts presented at the meeting provides authors with the opportunity to network and discuss their research with experts in the field.
Awards sponsored by the CAR/CRF will be given to the top-scoring oral presentations and educational exhibits.
The Call for Abstracts is Now Open!
|Abstract Submission Deadline||December 12, 2022, 11:59 pm EST|
|Deadline to Modify Abstracts||December 12, 2022, 11:59 pm EST|
|Abstract Acceptance Notifications||January 2023|
|Deadline to Confirm Acceptance to Present||February 2023|
|CAR 2023 ASM||April 27 - 30, 2023|
Abstract Guidelines and Format
REGARDING YOUR SUBMISSION:
- Abstracts of published research studies are ineligible for submission.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English and be text-based.
- All submissions must be completed through the online portal to be accepted for review by the CAR ASM.
- Abstracts submitted should not exceed the 250 word count limit, with the exception of Educational Exhibit abstracts where authors have an additional 80-word section for background information (330 word count limit). Should your word count exceed the maximum amount, your abstract will not be considered for the 2022 CAR ASM.
- Abstracts should be submitted in a format ready for publication.
- Please proofread to avoid any typographic or grammatical errors.
- Authors should prepare their abstracts in advance using any standard word processing system, and then ‘copy and paste’ the elements from the word processing document into the appropriate spaces in the submission system.
- Please do not include author names, references, acknowledgements, figures, images or tables in your abstract body. There are separate sections for the author list and a figure/table for the abstract.
- A figure/image/table is mandatory for EE, RIT, SRP abstract submissions and strongly recommended to be included for VOR submissions. Omission of a figure/image/table in the VOR category will lower the score of your abstract during the evaluation process.
- Figures uploaded will not be published but will be reviewed during adjudication.
- During the submission process, authors must specify if the abstract was accepted elsewhere and include the date, location and event. This does not disqualify an abstract from being selected.
- All DCAP submissions must include the first cycle results. Audits must be completed in time to present interventions and second cycle data at the CAR ASM. Work-in-progress is only acceptable for extremely innovative or interesting approaches.
- You can edit or delete your abstract online at any time before the abstract deadline. If you wish to withdraw your abstract after that date you must inform us in writing via email at email@example.com.
- The ASM Scientific and Educational Competitions Judging Committee reserves the right to re-allocate abstracts submitted to incorrect categories and will notify the submitting author.
- The ASM committee reserves the right to change the number of oral sessions, prizes and categories depending on number and strength of submitted abstracts.
IF YOU ARE ACCEPTED:
- If your abstract is accepted, but you are not selected to present an oral presentation, you will be offered a digital display opportunity.
- Detailed notifications of acceptance and guidelines for presentation will be sent by email (date to be confirmed).
- Presenting authors must be registered for the ASM and are required to pay the applicable registration fee and all other expenses involved in attending.
CAR 2022 ASM Abstract Examples
New Submission Portal
The CAR will be using a new abstract submission portal called FOURWAVES to support the 2023 abstract competition.
Submitting an abstract:
- Once an abstract is submitted, the submitter will receive a confirmation email directly from the system (firstname.lastname@example.org) and will be provided with a link to create an account.
- Once an account is created, the submitter will be able to log in to manage all abstract submissions associated with their account.
- Submitters are asked to bookmark the FOURWAVES link provided in the confirmation emails for ease of access to their submissions.
- The following browsers are supported: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari (the only supported browser if you use an iPad of iPhone), & Opera.