The Canadian Association of Radiologists’s 82nd Annual Scientific Meeting
Join us in Montreal for the Canadian Association of Radiologists’s 82nd Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM). The meeting is the premier Canadian radiology event of the year, renown for its scientific and educational content, and for networking with colleagues from across Canada. The CAR’s 2019 ASM is taking place from April 11th to the 14th, at The Sheraton Centre in Montreal, Quebec.
The ASM Working Group is preparing a dynamic scientific program that covers a broad range of subjects designed for both practicing radiologists and radiology residents. The lectures, panels and hands-on workshops provide a variety of ways to enhance every participant’s learning experience.
This conference is designed for all general and subspecialty radiologists as well as radiology residents and fellows whose work involves performing or interpreting images, determining appropriateness and using advanced equipment and tools to help guide therapeutic decision-making and help improve clinical outcomes.
After attending and participating in this conference, attendees will be able to:
- Define the role and utilization of advanced and emergent technologies in clinical imaging. (CanMEDS Roles: Communicator, Leader, Medical Expert)
- Identify and implement practical strategies to improve the management of academic and community radiology departments (CanMEDS roles: Collaborator, Communicator, Leader, Professional)
- Discuss the practical, legal, and ethical changes that have occurred in radiology practice and research as a result of the implementation of artificial intelligence, deep learning, and machine learning. (CanMEDS roles: Health Advocate, Leader, Professional)
- Discuss how imaging can help inform therapeutic decision making. (CanMEDS Roles: Health Advocate, Leader)
- Identify strategies to engage in academic activities and contribute to the academic life of a radiology department. (CanMEDS role: Professional, Leader, Scholar)