All members and nonmembers alike are invited to submit abstracts for presentation at the 82nd CAR Annual Scientific Meeting of the Canadian Association of Radiologists (CAR), April 11-14, 2019 at Le Centre Sheraton in Montreal. Abstracts presented at the meeting will give authors an opportunity to network and discuss their research with experts in the field.
Dates are tentative and subject to change.
|Abstract submission site opens||Monday, September 10, 2018|
|Abstract submission deadline||*Friday, December 14, 2018|
|Deadline to modify abstracts||*Friday, December 14, 2018|
|Acceptance notifications sent to presenting author||Monday, January 21, 2019|
|Deadline to confirm acceptance to present||Thursday, January 31, 2019|
|CAR 2019 Annual Scientific Meeting||April 11-14, 2019|
*submissions must be complete by 11:59pm EST
Abstract Guidelines and Format
REGARDING YOUR SUBMISSION:
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- All submissions must be completed through the online portal for the CAR to accept the submissions.
- All abstracts must have a maximum of 250 words and be text-based, in addition to one table, charts or graph to be uploaded in JPEG or PDF format. The only exception is for the Educational Exhibit abstracts, where authors have up to an additional 80-word section to complete on the background of their submission.
- Abstracts should be submitted in a format ready for publication.
- Please proofread to avoid any typographic or grammatical errors.
- Authors should prepare their abstracts in advance using any standard word processing system, and then ‘copy and paste’ the elements from the word processing document into the appropriate spaces in the submission system.
- Please do not include references, acknowledgements, graphics, tables or figures in your abstract body, there will be an opportunity to include these elsewhere.
- Graphics, tables and figures will not be published but will be reviewed during adjudication.
- All accepted abstracts will be invited to provide digital presentations.
- If you are not selected to present an oral presentation, you may be offered an opportunity to present in a shorter format.
- During the submission process, authors must specify if the abstract was accepted elsewhere and include the date, location and event. This does not disqualify an abstract from being selected.
- You can edit or delete your abstract online at any time beforeFriday, December 14, 2018. If you wish to withdraw your abstract after that date you must inform us in writing via email at email@example.com.
- Once you have submitted your abstract, you will be invited to enter author details for yourself and any co-authors. Please do not enter author details or any personal identifying information in the body of the abstract.
IF YOU ARE ACCEPTED:
- Detailed notifications of acceptance and guidelines for presentation will be sent by email by January 21, 2019.
- Presenting authors must be registered and are required to pay the applicable registration fee and all other expenses involved in attending the ASM.
- For authors who will be presenting digital exhibits, the technical capabilities and requirements of the digital display boards will be communicated when abstract acceptance notifications are sent out.
IMPORTANT ABSTRACT ELEMENTS:
- Coherence between stated purpose, methods and materials (M&M), results and conclusion, meaning that: M&M must be suited to address the stated purpose, results should reflect methods and materials, and conclusions should address previous sections
- Purpose clearly stated
- Precise description of methods and materials (patients), especially patient recruitment, analysis and statistics
- Precise description of results with numbers and statistics
- Statistics should be appropriate
- Work-in-progress is only acceptable for extremely innovative or interesting approaches