Important Abstract Elements:
- Purpose clearly stated
- Precise description of methods and materials (patients), especially patient recruitment, analysis and statistics
- Precise description of results with numbers and statistics
- Statistics should be appropriate
- Work-in-progress is only acceptable for extremely innovative or interesting approaches
- Coherence between stated purpose, methods and materials, results and conclusion (M&M should be suited to address the stated purpose, results should reflect M&M, conclusions should address previous sections)
- All abstracts must have a maximum of 250 words and be text-based (with one table, chart or graph in JPEG or PDF format). The only exception is for the Educational Exhibit abstracts, where authors have up to an additional 80-word section to complete on the background of their submission.